Apricot Veggie Tagine
For the base:
- 2 small aubergines, cut into chunks
- 2 medium courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 large red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 150g dried apricots
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 2 tbsp FruitTree Apricot spread
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190C / Fan 170C / Gas 5.
- In a large bowl, mix the chunks of aubergine, courgette, red pepper and sweet potato. Drizzle some of the olive oil and mix to coat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the vegetables in batches and fry, stirring regularly, until browned.
- Heat the remaining oil in a lidded casserole over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry, stirring regularly, until softened. Add the garlic, coriander, cumin and paprika and fry for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mix in the chopped tomatoes, harissa paste and FruitTree Apricot spread until well combined. Add the vegetables and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and transfer to the oven. Cook for 30 minutes, then stir in 200ml cold water and return to the oven, covered until the tagine is thick and the vegetables are cooked.
- Sprinkle the tagine with the chopped coriander and serve with freshly cooked couscous or rice.